Ronny Cox has been a lot of things to a lot of people: a musician, a villain, a father, and a straight-man to Eddie Murphy’s Axel Foley. To me, he will always be one of my favorite interviews (and Dick Jones, of course). Here are five fun facts about the guy:
- Before “Deliverance,” he never made more than $6,000 in a year as an actor.
- He and Jon Voight broke five canoes during the filming of “Deliverance.”
- He’s not a fan of remakes and sequels.
- He has a total of eight albums.
- Despite his musical side, he did not play “Dueling Banjos” on the “Deliverance” soundtrack.
To find out more, check out my article “10 Questions with Deliverance Star Ronny Cox” at Big Picture Big Sound.